2022 – Another Year to be Grateful!
Supporting the community where we and our members live is part of LCCU’s mission. In 2022, we continued our commitment to being involved in community events and organizations while staying true to our roots.
Supporting local teachers has been part of LCCU’s mission since its inception in 1939. In 2022, each school semester, we continued to offer grants for up to $500. We were happy to award 11 teachers with LCCU Teacher Grants in 2022.
- Tammi Randles, Heights Elementary, Electrical Engineering and Neuroscience Teaching Materials – $500
- Maura Sumpter, Highland Elementary, Math, Reading and Special Accommodations – $479.76
- Laurie Dominy, Centennial Elementary, Calming Light Covers – $215.94
- Dawn Webster, Holy Family School, Art and P.E Materials – $357.97
- Abby Kernan, Holy Family School, Art Supplies – $160.11
- Charity Richardson, Timberline Elementary, Math and Reading Teaching Materials – $461.33
- Carol Ingram, Holy Family School, Children’s Coats – $249.28
- Shelley Harrison, Highland Elementary, Translation Equipment for Students – $500
- Michele Brown, Timberline Elementary, STEM Teaching Materials – $500
- Maura Sumpter, Highland Elementary, Social Emotional Teaching Materials – $472.99
- Jenine Nord, Cavendish Keakean Elementary, Laptops, Projector and Screen – $500
All educators in grades pre-K-12 within our field of membership are eligible to apply for a grant each year. The application deadline for the spring is February 20, 2023. Grant applications and more information about applying for a grant are available at lewisclarkcu.org/teacher-grant-program.
Children’s Miracle Network
On June 18, 2022, the LCCU Miracle Golf Tournament welcomed 120 golfers to Bryden Canyon Golf Course to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network. It was a huge success! We raised $20,000 for Sacred Heart Children’s Hospital and received a $10,000 CO-OP Miracle matching donation as well.
In 2022, our annual Ham-A-Palooza event raised enough money to purchase 2,500 lbs of hams for local food banks! This incredible level of funding from members, the community and LCCU allowed us to purchase hams for the Idaho Food Bank, Lifeline Food Bank, Community Action FoodBank, and Asotin County and the Garfield County Food Banks plus made an additional $1,000 donation to each
Throughout the year, we had the pleasure of making contributions to many important organizations. In the true sense of giving, not only did LCCU donate funds, but our team contributed a significant amount of time to local events. We hear from community members that they love seeing how dedicated our staff and board members are and how they appreciate this volunteer time. We’re proud to continue our tradition of being a true community partner and owe many thanks to all our members, event participants and sponsors for donating their time and money to help us raise funds for so many important community organizations.